Many keyboard players have a safety bag when they leave to perform their show. With it, they are sure to have all the necessary equipment on-the-spot, in any situation.
For my part, I use a simple backpack with many pockets (AG SPORTBAGS’00 ‘ONLY ONE).
Inside there are :
- All my duplicate audio & electric cables
- 2 Direct Boxes ( from Radial )
- Small Sustain Pedal
- Audio headphones
- Dynamic Microphone
- A lot of Audio Adapter like 3.5mm to TRSM
- 2 sizes of 2 X batteries : AA & AAA
- Reading Light
- Universal AC/DC Power Adapter with Multi-Voltage
- USB Hub
- Many USB cables in various formats
- Clone Hard Drive ( for my macbook )
- A pair of gloves for mounting
You are free to complete this list by what you think is essential for a live gig.
MIDI (5 pin) cables? Cable tester? Three prong outlet tester? Basic first aid kit. For outdoor gigs- reflective car windshield shade screens (just did this yesterday in 105+ degree sunny weather). Flat black display shroud (DIY).
My slim power bank 20,000mAh to charge my Ipad.